local CDL jobs Jacksonville fl AAA Cooper Transportation
If you’re looking for local CDL jobs in Jacksonville, FL, AAA Cooper Transportation might be an excellent option to consider. AAA Cooper Transportation is a well-established trucking company known for its commitment to quality and safety. They often have openings for CDL drivers in Jacksonville, offering local routes that allow you to be home regularly. These positions can be ideal for drivers who prefer regional or local routes and want to maintain a work-life balance. To explore current job opportunities with AAA Cooper Transportation in Jacksonville, FL, you can visit their website or contact their local recruiting office for more information. This company is respected in the industry, and its local CDL jobs could provide a stable and fulfilling career for truck drivers in the Jacksonville area.
What are the benefits of local CDL jobs in Jacksonville fl AAA Cooper Transportation?
The benefits of local CDL jobs with AAA Cooper Transportation in Jacksonville, FL may include:
- Home Daily: Many local CDL positions offer regular home time, allowing you to spend more time with your family and have a better work-life balance.
- Steady Income: Local routes often provide stable and predictable income, as you’re not traveling long distances or dealing with irregular schedules.
- Competitive Pay: AAA Cooper Transportation typically offers competitive pay rates for CDL drivers, ensuring you’re fairly compensated for your work.
- Benefits Package: You may be eligible for a comprehensive benefits package that can include health insurance, dental and vision coverage, retirement plans, and more.
- Job Security: Working for a well-established company like AAA Cooper Transportation can provide job security and opportunities for career growth.
- Safety: Many reputable companies prioritize safety, and AAA Cooper Transportation is known for its commitment to maintaining safe working conditions and practices.
- Company Culture: You may benefit from a positive and supportive company culture, which can enhance your job satisfaction.
- Local Knowledge: If you’re familiar with the Jacksonville area, working locally allows you to leverage your knowledge of the region, which can be an advantage for efficient route planning.
- Overtime Opportunities: Local routes may offer opportunities for overtime pay if you’re interested in increasing your earnings.
- Well-Maintained Equipment: Established companies like AAA Cooper Transportation typically invest in well-maintained, reliable equipment, reducing the chances of breakdowns and delays.
- Career Advancement: Over time, you may have the chance to advance within the company, potentially moving into supervisory or management roles.
Remember that benefits can vary from one employer to another and may depend on factors like your experience, job role, and specific terms of employment. It’s essential to review the specific benefits and terms offered by AAA Cooper Transportation for their local CDL jobs in Jacksonville, FL, by reaching out to their HR or recruiting department and thoroughly reviewing the job posting or employment contract.
What are the Responsibilities of local CDL jobs Jacksonville fl AAA Cooper Transportation?
The responsibilities of local CDL jobs with AAA Cooper Transportation in Jacksonville, FL, may vary depending on the specific position, but here are some common responsibilities associated with such roles:
- Safe Driving: Operating a commercial vehicle, such as a truck or tractor-trailer, in a safe and responsible manner, obeying all traffic laws and company safety guidelines.
- Local Deliveries: Transporting goods, materials, or cargo to and from various local destinations within the Jacksonville area, including businesses, warehouses, and distribution centers.
- Loading and Unloading: Depending on the role, you may be responsible for loading and unloading cargo, using proper equipment and techniques to ensure the safety of the goods and yourself.
- Route Planning: Efficiently planning and following designated routes to ensure on-time deliveries and pickups.
- Vehicle Maintenance: Conducting pre-trip and post-trip inspections to ensure the vehicle is in good working condition, reporting any maintenance or repair needs to the company.
- Documentation: Maintaining accurate records of deliveries, mileage, fuel consumption, and other required paperwork, such as bills of lading and delivery receipts.
- Customer Service: Providing excellent customer service by interacting with clients, customers, and colleagues in a professional and courteous manner.
- Compliance: Adhering to all federal, state, and local regulations governing the operation of commercial vehicles, including hours of service, weight limits, and hazardous materials regulations (if applicable).
- Communication: Keeping in touch with dispatchers and supervisors to provide updates on your progress, report any issues, and ensure effective coordination of deliveries and pickups.
- Problem-Solving: Resolving logistical challenges or unexpected issues that may arise during the course of your deliveries.
- Safety: Following all safety protocols, wearing appropriate safety gear, and participating in safety training programs provided by AAA Cooper Transportation.
- Environmental Stewardship: Complying with environmental regulations and company policies related to emissions control and fuel efficiency.
- Teamwork: Collaborating with fellow drivers and support staff to achieve company goals and maintain a positive work environment.
It’s important to note that the specific responsibilities can vary depending on the type of cargo you’re transporting, the equipment you’re using, and the exact nature of the local CDL job you’re applying for. Be sure to review the job description and requirements provided by AAA Cooper Transportation for a more detailed understanding of the responsibilities associated with their specific local CDL positions in Florida.
Qualifications to apply for local CDL jobs Jacksonville fl AAA Cooper Transportation?
The specific qualifications required to apply for local CDL jobs at AAA Cooper Transportation in Jacksonville, FL may vary depending on the position and the nature of the work. However, here are some common qualifications and requirements that are typically expected for local CDL jobs:
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL): You will generally need a valid CDL with the appropriate class and endorsements required for the job. The specific type of CDL (Class A, Class B, etc.) will depend on the type of vehicle and cargo you will be handling.
- Clean Driving Record: Most employers, including AAA Cooper Transportation, will require a clean driving record with no serious traffic violations, accidents, or DUI convictions. The exact standards for what constitutes a clean record may vary.
- Experience: While some positions may be open to entry-level drivers, others may require a certain amount of professional driving experience, typically ranging from several months to a few years.
- DOT Physical: A valid Department of Transportation (DOT) physical examination and certification are often required to ensure you meet the physical and medical requirements for commercial driving.
- Safety Awareness: A strong commitment to safety is essential. You should be knowledgeable about safety regulations and practices, and be able to demonstrate a commitment to safe driving.
- Hazardous Materials (Hazmat) Endorsement (if applicable): If your job involves transporting hazardous materials, you will likely need a Hazmat endorsement on your CDL. This requires passing a background check and written test.
- TWIC Card (if applicable): For positions that involve hauling cargo to or from ports, a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card may be required.
- High School Diploma or GED: A high school diploma or equivalent education is often a basic requirement for many CDL positions.
- Background Check: Many employers, including transportation companies, will conduct a background check as part of the hiring process to ensure applicants meet their standards for employment.
- Drug and Alcohol Testing: You may be subject to pre-employment and random drug and alcohol testing in compliance with federal regulations and company policies.
- Good Communication Skills: Effective communication with colleagues, dispatchers, and customers is essential in many CDL positions.
- Physical Fitness: The job may require you to lift, load, and secure cargo, so physical fitness and the ability to perform the job’s physical demands are often necessary.
- Customer Service Skills: For positions with customer interaction, strong customer service skills can be an asset.
It’s crucial to check the specific job listing or contact AAA Cooper Transportation’s HR or recruiting department to determine the exact qualifications and requirements for their local CDL job openings in Jacksonville, FL. The qualifications may vary depending on the role, so it’s essential to review the job posting carefully and ensure that you meet the specific requirements for the position you are interested in.
How to Know about the local CDL Jobs Jacksonville FL AAA Cooper Transportation?
To find out about local CDL jobs with AAA Cooper Transportation in Jacksonville, FL, you can follow these steps:
- Visit the Company Website: Start by visiting the official website of AAA Cooper Transportation. Companies often post their job openings on their websites. Look for a “Careers” or “Jobs” section.
- Search Job Portals: Check popular job search websites like Indeed, Glassdoor, LinkedIn, or Monster. You can search for jobs by location (Jacksonville, FL) and filter the results by company.
- Contact AAA Cooper Transportation Directly: You can reach out to the company’s human resources department or recruitment team to inquire about job opportunities. Look for contact information on their website or through a web search.
- Local Newspapers and Classifieds: Sometimes, local newspapers and classified ads may feature job listings, especially for positions in the area.
- Networking: Connect with current or former employees of AAA Cooper Transportation, as they might have insights on job openings or be able to refer you.
- Job Fairs: Keep an eye out for local job fairs or career events in the Jacksonville area where AAA Cooper Transportation might be recruiting.
- Set Up Job Alerts: If the company provides an option to set up job alerts on their website, you can use this feature to receive notifications when new positions become available.
- Apply Online: Once you find a relevant job opening, follow the application process outlined in the job posting. Be sure to submit your resume and any required documents.
- Follow-Up: After applying, you can follow up with the company to express your interest and inquire about the status of your application. This demonstrates your enthusiasm for the position.
Remember that job openings can change frequently, so it’s a good idea to regularly check the company’s website and other job search platforms for the most up-to-date information on local CDL jobs with AAA Cooper Transportation in Jacksonville, FL.
Also read –
What are the earnings of local CDL jobs Jacksonville FL AAA Cooper Transportation?
The earnings for local CDL jobs with AAA Cooper Transportation in Jacksonville, FL can vary widely depending on several factors, including the specific position, your experience, the type of CDL you hold, and the company’s pay structure. In general, the pay for local CDL jobs often falls within the range of $40,000 to $70,000 or more per year. Here are some factors that can influence your earnings:
- Experience: More experienced drivers often earn higher salaries. If you’re a new driver, your starting salary may be lower, but it can increase as you gain experience.
- Type of CDL: The class and endorsements on your CDL can impact your pay. For example, Class A CDL holders (required for larger trucks and trailers) often earn more than Class B CDL holders (for smaller commercial vehicles).
- Cargo Type: The type of cargo you transport can affect your earnings. Some specialized cargo, like hazardous materials or refrigerated goods, may come with additional pay incentives.
- Hours Worked: Overtime and extra hours can significantly boost your earnings. Local CDL jobs can vary in terms of hours worked, so positions with more hours may result in higher income.
- Company Pay Structure: AAA Cooper Transportation may have its own pay structure and benefits package. It’s essential to inquire about their specific compensation plan when applying for a job.
- Bonuses and Incentives: Some companies offer performance bonuses, safety bonuses, and other incentives that can increase your overall earnings.
- Union Membership: If the company is unionized, your pay and benefits may be determined by a collective bargaining agreement.
To obtain accurate and up-to-date information on the earnings for local CDL jobs with AAA Cooper Transportation in Jacksonville, FL, it’s recommended to directly contact the company’s HR department, check their job postings for salary information, or discuss compensation during the interview process. Additionally, you can research salary ranges and employee reviews on job search websites and industry-specific resources to get a general idea of what to expect.
CDL jobs in Jacksonville, FL offer a range of opportunities for those with a Commercial Driver’s License looking for work in the region. Companies like AAA Cooper Transportation provide local CDL job opportunities, and while specific qualifications, responsibilities, and earnings may vary, these positions generally offer a path to a stable and rewarding career. The key is to research job listings, meet the necessary qualifications, and engage with employers directly to learn about their specific offerings, which can lead to a successful and fulfilling career in the transportation industry in Jacksonville, FL.